The last of our building blocks and our topic for week 8 is defining happiness. I decided to write a list of things that make me happy. I'm sure the list can be added to as I think of more, but for now my happiness list consists of:
- having a good cup of coffee either on my own or with a friend
- seeing a movie at the cinema
- watching a movie at home with the family
- having a cuddle with my family - Nigel, Hunter and Savannah
- reading a book
- watching my favourite TV shows
- learning new things- external courses
- overseas holiday
- within Australia holiday
- short break -weekend away
- chatting with friends either on the phone or face to face
- bubble bath
- reading to the kids (2-3 stories -I get sick of it after that)
- exercising -walking/treadmill/gym
- playing games with the kids
- laughing - listening to the kids laughing
- going out for lunch
- going out for dinner
- going out for breakfast
- spending time with my family - sister/Mum/Dad
- cuddles and kiss from Hunter at school drop off
- Mums group dinners
- getting hair cut/coloured
- buying new clothes
- accomplishing a goal
- getting 8 hours or more of sleep
- eating sushi
- music - listening to a good song and singing out loud!
- golden syrup dumplings
- fresh flowers - especially gerbras, sunflowers and tulips!
- walking on the beach
- the smell and sound of the rain
Since I wrote the list I have had a chance to undertake many things from my happiness list. I have recorded just one for each day - to show to myself there is usually something happening each day that makes me happy!!
21st Feb - I went on the treadmill whilst watching The Biggest Loser. I felt hot and sweaty during, but after I felt great - really energised!
22nd Feb - Cuddle with the kids in Savannah's bed.There were lots of giggles, tickles and cuddles. There is nothing better than starting the day with a child's laughter.
23rd Feb - Lunch with colleagues. It was nice to have a delicious lunch and get out of the office with good company.
24th Feb - I bought a new dress. I don't normally buy dresses but since losing a bit of weight I feel more comfortable! I love this dress!
25th Feb - Good, hot coffee made in my coffee machine. After doing my Barista course last year I make quite a good coffee. I drank this whilst playing Battleships with Hunter.
26th Feb- Movies with my sister. We saw the Stephanie Plum movie One for the Money. I had read the book so was looking forward to it and enjoyed escaping into Steph's life for a few hours.