Thursday, 18 October 2012
Life challenge - week 41 - marriage
Hubby and I have been together FOREVER. We were childhood sweethearts. We started dating when I was only 15, have been together 19 years and married for 13. As time goes on we tend to take each other for granted and with our busy lives don't get much time together (and haven't made it a priority to spend time together). This is an area I want to work on. I put it in my goals to spend one night per week together - well it's now October and yep you guessed it - hasn't happened yet. So this week when Deb asked us to look at our marriages I thought now is a great time to focus again on this area.
This week I've tried to be a better partner - listen more, show and tell him I appreciate him and what he does, say yes more.
I was out buying a card just recently and came across one which I thought was perfect for hubby - just to say I love you and I'm thinking of you. So I got that one too. I decided to list the ways I love him and pop them into the card and send it to him.
To to my husband, whom I've tended to take for granted, I would not be who I am without you. I've written 13 reasons why I love you, for the 13 years we have been married (in no particular order):
1. You are outgoing and can talk to anyone - a characteristic the introvert in me envies
2. People warm to you/you make them feel listened to
3. You cook dinner - and are creative in what you make!
4. You know lots of "stuff" - some useful - some not so -but you still know it
5. You can fix things
6. You are good with directions - where would I be without you (the other side to where I want to be)
7. You care about our family, the kids look up to you and want to be with you
8. You are reliable with the kids - I can leave them with you without worrying what will happen, they are
happy to be with you
9. You look after the kids so I can have time for myself for movies, dinners, massages
10. You get on well with my family
11. You set a good example for the kids by working hard, even when you don't enjoy it
12. You are not afraid to ask for help when you need it
13. You love me despite all my faults
Posted by Bec at 04:44